Saturday 9 November 2013

Me = Bridesmaid = Excited

The 80’s. Oh the 80’s. This was the last (and only) time I was a bridesmaid. Thrown into an outrageously floral dress with preposterously vast puffy sleeves, I spent most of the day drinking fizzy pop and playing in the couples back garden where they held their reception. I had a rather lovely time playing princess for the day.

Fast forward 20 years and I am thrilled to have been asked to be a bridesmaid - as an adult - at my friend’s wedding next year. I still intend to drink some fizzy (champagne) and I will be frolicking among the beautiful grounds of Southwood Hall in Norfolk - http://www.southwoodhall.com/ with all the guests and my friends.



Last month, my friend Poppy asked me to meet her in a café in London, along with 3 other friends. We ate, we drank, we chatted and then she pulled out 4 enchanting little parcels and gave one to each of us. Inside my decorated bag were some photos of us over the years, some home-made ginger and chocolates truffles, rhubarb jam, a wedding invite to her and Greg’s big day and a personalised invite to be her bridesmaid; it was an awesome surprise and a great way to be asked!








It’s going to be an entirely different experience being an adult Bridesmaid and I know it’s going to be a lot of fun helping Poppy make plans for her big day – time to start looking at dresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment